1 ciabatta loaf, preferably stale
250ml extra virgin olive oil
1.5kg plum tomatoes
5 cloves crushed garlic
salt & pepper
3 red peppers
3 yellow peppers
5g chilli flakes
60ml red wine vinegar
18 large green olives
12 basil leaves
1 tin chickpeas, washed and drained
1. Take 500g of tomatoes and puree them and then pass through a sieve. With the rest skin the tomatoes, by
putting a cross on the bottom, plunging in boiling water for about 30 secs, then into iced water. The skins
will peel off easily. Cut them into quarters – add to the pureed tomatoes.
2. Now whisk in oil and vinegar and grated garlic. Season well with salt and pepper
3. Skin the peppers by either grilling them, or roasting them until black. Put them in a plastic bag until cool, this will make the skins fall off. When you’ve done this, deseed them and cut into about 8 pieces, put in the same bowl as the tomato quarters
4. Add the chilli, the capers, the chickpeas and the olives
5. Tear the bread into big chunks and put in a separate bowl, add a good few spoonfuls of dressing
6. Finally, gently combine the chickpea mixture with the bread, the dressing and the torn basil leaves.
7. Serve on a large platter.
Don't forget, if you make any of the recipes from the show, send us a picture to email@example.com