4 chicken breasts, skin on, bone in
salt & pepper
200ml chicken stock
1 lemon, halved
head broccoli, broken into florets
100g Medjool dates, roughly chopped
50g toasted, roughly chopped hazelnuts
100ml chicken stock
For the dressing
juice 1 lemon
30ml cold water
clove crushed garlic
30ml extra virgin olive oil
garnish with sumac and chopped parsley
1. Oil and season the chicken. Cook skin side down on med/high heat for 6 minutes
2. Flip over, add stock, butter and lemon to the pan. Roast at 200°C for 25 minutes
3. Fry broccoli in oil until charred, add stock and dates, reduce to virtually nothing, turning occasionally. Should be crunchy but not raw.
4. Add hazelnuts.
5. To make the dressing, whisk the tahini together with everything else
6. Put the broccoli mix in a big shallow bowl/platter, spoon over the pan juices from the chicken, sit the chicken on top, drizzle the tahini dressing, garnish with parsley and sumac.