2 avocados, cut in half and skin off
12 x chicken thighs, skin on deboned
tbs each of garlic powder, paprika, cumin, dried thyme
100ml olive oil
250ml chicken stock
350g cooked barley
100g edamame beans
6 chopped sp onions
Handful of watercress
1 diced cucumber
80 toasted pecans
Juice and zest 2 lemons
10g Dijon mustard
200ml extra virgin olive oil
1. Combine all the spices and rub them into the chicken.
2. Seal it in the olive oil.
3. Place in an ovenproof dish, pour the stock around, and add the butter. Roast at 200c for approximately 20 minutes.
4. Season the avocados and brush a little oil on the cut side. Place in a hot pan and cook for 3 minutes until charred.
5. Dressing – whisk it all together.
6. Put all the salad ingredients in a bowl and dress well.
7. Divide between four bowls, add three thighs and half an avocado on each.