zest 1 lemon
500g drained ricotta
80g icing sugar
80g dark chocolate cvhips
80g mixed glazed fruit
50g chopped pistachios
15g vanillia paste
zest 1 orange
Extra icing sugar to dust and fresh berries to serve
1. Preheat the oven to 170C.
2. Grease and line a 20cm cake tin and a 27 x 37cm swiss roll tin.
3. Whisk eggs and sugar until pale and fluffy, fold in flour, cinnamon and lemon zest.
4. Divide between the cake tin and swiss roll tin.
5. Bake swiss roll for 15 minutes, cake for 20. Cool completely. Then cut the round cake in half across the centre.
6. Cut the round cake in half across the centre.
7. For the filling, mix together. Chill for 20 minutes.
8. Line a 20cm springform cake tin and line with cling film.
9. Place the round cake in the bottom.
10. Cut the swiss roll into strips and press round (you’ll have a bit left over).
11. Spoon in the ricotta, sit the other round cake on top, cutting to fit if needed.
12. Chill for 20 mins.
13. Invert onto plate.
14. Dust with icing sugar and serve with fresh fruit.
If you make this or any other recipe from the show, send us a picture to firstname.lastname@example.org