12 spears asparagus, with bottom 50mm, peeled
Ingredients for the vinaigrette
1 chopped shallot
25ml sherry vinegar
1 tsp sugar
90ml olive oil
125g hazelnuts – roasted in 25ml oil and 1 tsp salt
Ingredients for the puree
500ml veg stock
1. Cook the asparagus for 3 minutes in acidulated, salted water, drain.
2. For the vinaigrette, blend the shallots with half the hazelnuts.
3. Add everything else except the oil.
4. Now add the oil with the motor running.
5. Fold in the remaining nuts.
6. For the puree, boil the spinach for 2-3 minutes, with the garlic and cumin drain well.
7. Puree until very smooth in a fast blender.
8. Spoon the puree on the plate, add asparagus, top with dressing.
If you make this, or any other recipe from the show, send us a picture to email@example.com - and make sure we can see your lovely face!