This recipe is provided by our guest chef Nisha Katona.
300-400g of peeled king prawns
2 tins chopped peeled tomato
1 small jar Colmans English Mustard paste (use 2 tsp)
2 green finger chilies
2 tsp nigella seeds
1 tsp turmeric powder
1/2 tsp chili powder
Juice of 1/2 lemon
1-2 tsp brown sugar
1 cup petit pois-frozen or fresh
1 bunch fresh coriander for the garnish
1 sliced red chili for garnish
For the rice
2 cups Basmati white rice
4 cups water
4 black cardamom pods
1 tsp cumin seeds
1 bunch fresh dill
Method for the rice
1. Heat 2 tbsp oil in a deep saucepan - add cumin seeds and cardamom and wait for them to fizz- now add the rice and toss into the oil.
2. Add in the water and simmer until almost dry.
3. Toss in the chopped dill and a pinch of salt and stir through.
4. Tight lid on and heat off-Wait for 10 minutes while you cook the prawn curry
For the rawn curry
1. In a large wok style nonstick pan, add two tbsp oil and heat. Add nigella seed and green chili pierced.
2. Add tomato, sugar, turmeric, chili and simmer, use water to loosen if need be but allow to caramelise and become rich.
3. Add the mustard paste and seasoning along with the peas mix well and then add prawns and simmer for minutes until just cooked.
4. Add a squeeze of lemon. Taste and adjust seasoning. Add a little chopped fresh coriander.
5. Garnish with fresh coriander and red chili.
If you cook this recipe, be sure to send us a picture of you with your dish to firstname.lastname@example.org.
This recipe will be available for 6 months from the publish date and is subject to changes during the live show.