1kg large cubes chuck steak
1 tsp ground ginger
2 sliced onion
2 chopped carrots
3 sticks chopped celery
440g tin chopped toms
500g chopped spuds
75ml maple syrup
handful chopped thyme
(extra stock if needed – approx. 100-150ml)
1. Brown the beef in oil. Remove
2. Fry the onion and garlic for 5 minutes, add the flour, cook 3 minutes, add the carrots and celery except for the spuds.
3. Bring to the boil, cover and then roast full 2 hours at 180C
4. Add the potatoes,and cook for a further hour more. Add the extra stock if the stew looks too dry.
5. Garnish with parsley and serve