Bay Ice Cream
· 400ml milk
· 400ml double cream
· 12 cardamon pods
· 6 bay leaves
· 8 egg yolks
· 150g caster sugar
· Pinch of salt
1. Make the crème anglaise/custard:
· Scald the milk and cream with the bay and cardamom.
· Stir the yolks and sugar together.
· Pour on the scalded infused milk and cream mixture.
· Heat over a low or medium heat until thicken. Check that it coats the back of a spoon.
· Strain and cool.
2. Churn the mixture in an ice-cream machine.
3. When set, add to a tub and put in the freezer.
4. Transfer to the refrigerator 20-30 minutes