5 cloves garlic
2 stalks lemon grass
5g cumin seeds
15g coriander seeds
30ml veg oil
400ml can coconut milk
500g aubergine (sliced and griddled)
250ml coconut cream
15ml palm sugar
60ml tamarind paste
1 cinnamon stick
225g cooked spuds (big chunks)
150g roasted peanuts
1. to make the paste – dry fry all the dry ingredients for 5-6 minutes, then blend with sugar and oil until smooth.
2. The paste makes a lot, so use half and store the other half for another time in the fridge for up to 1 week, or freeze.
3. Cook the paste for a few minutes until it becomes fragrant.
4. add the coconut cream a little at a time – then add the milk and bring to the boil
5. add the tamarind, palm sugar, cinnamon, onion . Cook 15 minutes
6. finally add aubergines, cooked spuds, peanuts. Warm through and serve with the rice and lime wedges