200g trimmed asparagus
50g broad beans, shelled
half bulb very finely sliced fennel
50g shredded spinach
1 tbs each of chopped mint, parsley, tarragon
1 diced onion
1 clove crushed garlic
a good glug of white wine
350g risotto rice
1 – 1.5L veg stock
50g grated parmesan (veggie version if vegetarian)
1. Risotto – fry the onion in butter until soft.
2. Now add the rice and the wine. Stir well and cook until nearly all the wine has evaporated. (you’ll notice that the grains of rice begin to ‘crack’, that means we’re ready for stock).
3. Make sure the stock is warm. Add a good ladleful to the rice, stir and when all of that has been absorbed, repeat. Keep on doing this until the rice is soft.
4. Add the veg (except asparagus).
5. Finally stir in the herbs, butter and cheese.
6. Oil the asparagus and griddle for 4mins until charred, serve on top.
If you make this, or any other recipe from the show, send us a picture to email@example.com - and make sure we can see your lovely face!