Juice and zest lemon
200g self raising flour
Tsp baking powder
Tsp poppy seeds
100g melted butter
200ml warm water
200g chopped apple, added to 2 tbsp of honey
50ml ginger wine
75g icing sugar
Dollop of Cream to serve
1. Sift together the flours, baking powder and polenta
2. Add sugar, lemon, poppy seeds, ricotta, butter and water and whisk together (use a hand whisk).
3. The fold in the cooked apple in honey, mix well.
4. spoon into a greased lined 23cm spring form and bake for 1.5 – 2 hrs at 160c
5. Cool before turning out
6. Blend half the fruit with the wine and sugar and spoon over a slab of cake and a dollop of cream