Online Donation Terms and Conditions
Channel 4 is the promoter of Stand Up To Cancer only and is not responsible for the collection of donations or the administration of funds. For information on how to donate online and for Terms and Conditions relating to online donations administered by Cancer Research UK click here.
Text to Donate Terms and Conditions
1. You can make a donation to the Stand Up To Cancer campaign by texting the following: -
To give a £5 donation text the word FIVE to 70404
To give a £10 donation text the word TEN or FIGHT to 70404
To give a £20 donation text the word TWENTY to 70404
2. 100% of your donation goes to Cancer Research UK in support of the Stand Up To Cancer campaign. For each text message sent, you will either be charged £5 or £10 or £20 plus your standard network message charge (based on your service provider rates) via the reply confirmation text message; the charge will show on your bill and the sender will show as a five-digit number. If you have donated by texting the word TWENTY you may receive one or two reply messages depending on your network operator. This is normal and a consequence of your network operator’s billing processes. This will show on your bill as either two charges of £10 or one charge of £20.
3. Please note that you can donate using this SMS service from a UK mobile only. You cannot donate using this service from a Channel Islands, Isle of Man or other non-UK mobile.
If you donate using this service from a UK mobile when you are outside England, Scotland, Wales or Northern Ireland, you may incur additional network charges levied and retained by your network operator.
4. This SMS service may not be supported by all Mobile Virtual Network Operators (MVNO). If a specific MVNO does not support the service, then following an attempt to donate via text message, no donation will be made, nor error message received.
5. No VAT will be charged on your donation.
6. There is no limit on the number of times you may make a donation via text but there is a daily limit (midnight to midnight) of £30 on text donations to each short code from the same mobile number. Further text donations will not be accepted if you exceed this daily limit (so you will not be donating to Stand Up To Cancer), but you may still incur your standard network message charge.
7. If you would like to contribute more to the Stand Up To Cancer campaign you can donate online here.
8. If you enter the keyword incorrectly, your donation to the Stand Up To Cancer campaign may not be successful. In these circumstances you will receive either (a) an error message, in which case you will not make a donation but you may still be charged your standard network message charge, or (b) a confirmation message that your donation has been successful, in which case you will be charged the relevant donation amount plus your standard network message charge as set out above.
9. If you send your text message to an incorrect short code, or you otherwise fail to correctly follow the instructions in these Terms and Conditions, you will not make a donation to the Stand Up To Cancer campaign but you may still be charged your standard network message charge.
10. You must obtain permission from the bill payer before sending a text message.
11. You must be aged 16 or over to send a text donation.
12. This SMS service is being provided by Fonix Mobile Limited, 23 Heddon Street, London, W1B 4BQ.
13. Cancer Research UK, Fonix, Channel 4 and their sub-contractors, subsidiaries and/or agencies cannot accept any responsibility whatsoever for any technical failure, malfunction, congestion, capacity issues or any other problem with any telephone, telephone network or line, system, server, provider or otherwise which may result in any text being lost, delayed or not properly received and recorded.
Telephone Donation Terms and Conditions
1. You can make a donation by phone by calling 0300 123 4444. All donations go to Cancer Research UK in support of the Stand Up To Cancer campaign. Calls to this number from the UK will cost no more than a national rate call to a 01 or 02 number and count towards any inclusive minutes in your landline or mobile call plan. Please check with your network operator for more details. This telephone donation service shall also be deemed a 'Charity Donation Service' for the purposes of these terms and conditions.
You may be able to call from some countries outside the UK but we cannot guarantee this and the charges will be determined by the network operator you are calling from.
2. The lines are open 24 hours a day from 09.00 on 10th September 2018 until 23:59 on 31st December 2018. Calls will be answered by a secure automated system which will process your transaction. This automated system is being provided by GFM Holdings Limited.
3. You can donate using your debit or credit card. Please note we do not accept American Express or Diners Club cards on this number.
4. You must be 16 or over to donate.
5. There is no limit on the amount of times you can make a donation. Your donation must be in full pound denominations. There is a minimum donation of £1 and a maximum donation of £10,000 on the automated system.
6. Cancer Research UK and its subcontractors will use your personal data to administer donations made (including without limitation for the purposes of Gift Aid).
7. Cancer Research UK, GFM Holdings Limited, British Telecom PLC, Channel 4 and their sub-contractors, subsidiaries and/or agencies ('Parties') cannot accept any responsibility whatsoever for any technical failure, malfunction, congestion, capacity issues or any other problem with any telephone, telephone network or line, system, server, provider or otherwise which may result in any data being lost or not properly received and recorded. This service may be suspended temporarily and without notice in the case of system failure, maintenance or repair or for reasons beyond the control of the Parties.
General Terms and Conditions
1. If you have any queries regarding any of these Charity Donation Services or wish to unsubscribe from any further communications from Cancer Research UK, please call 0300 123 9024 (Mon-Fri 8am–6pm). Alternatively, email email@example.com.
2. If you are a UK taxpayer, your donation may be eligible for Gift Aid. This means we can claim an additional 25p in Gift Aid from the Government for every £1 you donate. For the purposes of text donations, we may contact you by text on the mobile number you used, to give you the opportunity to add Gift Aid to your donation. You may be sent a LINK to a page where you can submit your details then, as with any mobile browsing, you may incur charges from your network provider. For the purposes of telephone donations, we may seek a declaration from you in respect of a claim for Gift Aid. More information about Gift Aid will be provided to you at the point at which you are offered the opportunity to add Gift Aid to your donation.
4. Stand Up To Cancer in collaboration with Cancer Research UK: Stand Up To Cancer is a trademark of the Entertainment Industry Foundation which has been licensed to Cancer Research UK for the purpose of the Stand Up To Cancer campaign. Donations go to Cancer Research UK in support of the Stand Up To Cancer campaign.
5. Cancer Research UK is a registered charity number 1089464 (England & Wales) and SC041666 (Scotland) and the Isle of Man (1103). Registered as a company limited by guarantee in England & Wales No. 4325234. Registered address: Cancer Research UK, Angel Building, 407 St John Street, London EC1V 4AD.
6. We reserve the right to change these terms and conditions at any time. You should therefore check the terms and conditions regularly throughout the donation window.