Skip to main content
- Fairness and accuracy. Religious programmes require careful and responsible handling. They must always be fair and accurate.
- 'Abusive treatment'. The beliefs and practices of religious groups featured in programmes must not be misrepresented or abused.
- Transparency. The identity of any religion featured should be clear to viewers. Religious views must not be promoted by stealth.
- 'Special powers and abilities'. Claims that living individuals or groups have special powers or abilities should be considered with due objectivity and avoided in programmes when significant numbers of children are likely to be watching.
- 'Direct appeals'. Religious programmes should not make direct appeals to viewers to join a particular religion, that is directly seek recruits.
- 'Exploitation'. Religious programmes should not improperly exploit any susceptibilities of the audience.