The multi award-winning Gogglebox returns once again with a very special celebrity edition for Stand Up To Cancer. Actor Michael Sheen and his partner Anna Lundberg will be sharing the famous sofa as part of Channel 4 and Cancer Research UK’s Stand Up To Cancer spectacular on Friday 15th October.
This very special edition of the ever-popular TV review programme will see Michael & Anna join other famous faces as they pass judgement on a vast array of TV goodness. Between their own cutting remarks, tears and laughter will be the views of Britain’s favourite opinionated viewers; the regular Gogglebox households including best friends Jenny and Lee, Blackpool brother and sister Pete and Sophie, South London partners Marcus and Mica and the Siddiqui family.
Michael Sheen & Anna Lundberg said, ”Supporting a brilliant cause like Stand Up To Cancer means such a lot to us both. The fact that we can sit on the sofa and watch TV – some of it slightly questionable – is a definite bonus. We had such fun filming and are delighted that we can join the Gogglebox families in playing our part this year.”
In recent years, the famous sofa dwellers supporting the campaign have included Naomi Campbell, Noel Gallagher, Line of Duty stars Vicky McClure, Adrian Dunbar and Martin Compston, Abbey Clancy, Peter Crouch, Steve Pemberton, Reece Shearsmith, Steve Coogan, Liam Gallagher, Freddie Flintoff, Jamie Dornan, Ed Sheeran, Big Narstie, Liam Payne, Louis Tomlinson, Danny and Dani Dyer.
On Friday 15th October at 7.30pm, Davina McCall, Alan Carr, Adam Hills and Maya Jama will host a glittering night of live TV as famous faces from the world of sport, film, music and comedy come together to Stand Up To Cancer. Joe Lycett will be putting his Maths GCSE to good use, totting up the totaliser throughout the night and explaining how the money raised will be spent on life-saving cancer research. The night will also include appearances from the likes of Usain Bolt, Olivia Colman, Liam Payne, James Blunt, The Jonas Brothers, Rosie Jones, The Derry Girls, Liam Gallagher, Jack Black, Stephen Mangan, Sigrid, David Oyelowo, Martin Freeman, Peter Crouch, Jamie Oliver, Tom Parker, Roman Kemp and Dermot Kennedy.
Launched in the UK in 2012, Stand Up To Cancer is a joint national fundraising campaign from Cancer Research UK and Channel 4 that brings the UK together to speed up progress in life-saving cancer research. More than £84 million has been raised in the UK to date, funding 59 clinical trials and projects involving over 19,000 cancer patients across the country.
To find out more or to donate, please visit channel4.com/su2c. 100% of your donation goes to Cancer Research UK in support of the Stand Up To Cancer campaign. 1 in 2 of us will get cancer in our lifetime. All of us can support the research that will beat it.
Celebrity Gogglebox is a Studio Lambert production for Channel 4. The Executive Producers are Mike Cotton, Victoria Ray and Leon Campbell.
Gogglebox: Celebrity Special for Stand Up To Cancer is on Channel 4 on Friday 15th October from 8.30pm
For further information:
Lesley Land, firstname.lastname@example.org
Notes to Editor
About Stand Up To Cancer (UK)
- Stand Up To Cancer is a joint national fundraising campaign from Cancer Research UK and Channel 4 that brings the UK together to speed up progress in life-saving cancer research
- Supported by the Entertainment Industry Foundation (EIF) in the US and launched in the UK in 2012, Stand Up To Cancer funds translational research, turning academic breakthroughs in the labs into new treatments that make a real difference for people with cancer
- More than £84 million has been raised in the UK to date, funding 59 clinical trials and projects involving over 19,000 cancer patients across the country
- Research projects funded by Stand Up To Cancer include the development of new treatments that use viruses to fight cancer, clinical trials testing potentially more effective ways to deliver radiotherapy, improved surgical techniques for bowel cancer and much more
- Stars such as Naomi Campbell, Noel Gallagher, Tom Hardy, Gillian Anderson, Idris Elba, Andy Murray, James Corden, Martin Freeman, Jamie Oliver, Richard Ayoade, Chiwetel Ejiofor, Peter Crouch, Abbey Clancy, Danny Dyer, Liam Payne, Louis Tomlinson, Lily James, Rosamund Pike, Sophie Turner, Stephen Graham, Toby Jones, Maya Jama, Joe Lycett and Roman Kemp are just some of the talent who have supported Stand Up To Cancer