The multi award-winning Gogglebox returns once again with a very special celebrity edition for Stand Up To Cancer. Line of Duty’s very own Ted Hastings, Kate Fleming and Steve Arnott will be sharing the famous sofa as part of Channel 4 and Cancer Research UK’s Stand Up To Cancer campaign on Friday 23rd October.
This very special edition of the TV review programme will see Adrian Dunbar, Vicky McClure and Martin Compston join the likes of Celebrity Gogglebox favourites Mo Gilligan and Babatunde Aleshe as they pass judgement on a vast array of TV goodness. Between their own cutting remarks, tears and laughter will be the views of Britain’s favourite opinionated viewers; the regular Gogglebox households including best friends Jenny and Lee, Blackpool brother and sister Pete and Sophie, and the Siddiquis.
In recent years, the famous sofa dwellers supporting the campaign have included Naomi Campbell, Noel Gallagher, Steve Pemberton, Reece Shearsmith, Steve Coogan, Liam Gallagher, Freddie Flintoff, Jamie Dornan, Ed Sheeran, Big Narstie, Liam Payne, Louis Tomlinson, Danny and Dani Dyer.
Adrian Dunbar commented, “It’s an honour to be part of the esteemed Gogglebox line up especially when it’s raising money for the phenomenal work Stand Up To Cancer do. Being able to watch a load of great – and some questionable – TV alongside Vicky and Martin is an added bonus.”
Vicky McClure added, "I am a big fan of Gogglebox, really chuffed to be asked, and quite surreal, to be part of the Stand Up To Cancer special with Adrian and Martin. We hope we can help raise much needed funds for such an amazing cause.”
Martin Compston commented, “We had such a laugh filming Gogglebox together and we’re delighted to be able to play a small part in the Stand Up To Cancer campaign. At a time when cancer affects more of us than ever before, we really need to pull together and play our part in raising vital funds.”
Launched in the UK in 2012, Stand Up To Cancer is a joint national fundraising campaign from Cancer Research UK and Channel 4 that brings the UK together to speed up progress in life-saving cancer research. To date, the campaign has raised more than £62 million, funding 52 clinical trials and projects, involving over 11,000 patients across the country.
CELEBRITY GOGGLEBOX FOR STAND UP TO CANCER IS ON CHANNEL 4 ON FRIDAY 23rd OCTOBER AT 9PM ON CHANNEL 4
For further information:
Lesley Land, firstname.lastname@example.org
How to get involved:
You can donate at channel4.com/su2c. 100% of your donation goes to Cancer Research UK in support of the Stand Up To Cancer campaign. To find out more about fundraising activities visit the SU2C website or follow us on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram
About Stand Up To Cancer (UK)
- Stand Up To Cancer is a joint national fundraising campaign from Cancer Research UK and Channel 4 that brings the UK together to speed up progress in life-saving cancer research
- Launched in the UK in 2012, Stand Up To Cancer funds translational research, turning academic breakthroughs in the labs into new treatments that make a real difference for people with cancer
- More than £62 million has been raised in the UK to date, funding 52 clinical trials and projects involving 11,000 cancer patients across the country
- Research projects include the development of pioneering technology to detect super low levels of cancerous DNA in blood to improve the way we diagnose ovarian cancer, developing a new immunotherapy drug to boost the power of the immune system against cancer, exploring an entirely new approach to treating bowel cancer, and much more
- Stars such as Naomi Campbell, Noel Gallagher, Tom Hardy, Gillian Anderson, Idris Elba, Andy Murray, James Corden, Martin Freeman, Jamie Oliver, Richard Ayoade, Chiwetel Ejiofor, Peter Crouch, Abbey Clancy, Danny Dyer, Liam Payne, Louis Tomlinson, Lily James, Rosamund Pike, Sophie Turner, Stephen Graham, Toby Jones, Maya Jama, Joe Lycett and Roman Kemp are just some of the talent who have supported Stand Up To Cancer
- To find out more about fundraising activities visit channel4.com/SU2C or follow us on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram