Channel 4 have confirmed that five plucky celebrities will be taking to the stage in an entertaining new show that sees them attempting to master the art of stand-up comedy.
Stand Up and Deliver will follow famous faces as they are paired up with established comics who’ll mentor them and train them on their journey to have audiences rolling in the aisles.
Each celebrity will have to perfect their routine and perform in a special gala performance. It’s a nerve-shredding, rib-tickling experience that forces our famous faces firmly out of their comfort zone and into a whole new world of performance pain. But only one star will be crowned Stand Up & Deliver Champion 2020. So, who’ll have the last laugh?
Stand Up and Deliver has been commissioned by Head of Factual Entertainment, Alf Lawrie and Commissioning Editor Becky Cadman for Channel 4. Produced by Lime Pictures under Sarah Tyekiff, Head of Unscripted, with Andrew Jackman as Executive Producer and Claudine Parrish, Series Producer.
Becky Cadman, Commissioning Editor for Factual Entertainment at Channel 4 said, “Making a hard-bitten comedy audience laugh is surely one of the scariest challenges on television and following our plucky cast as they prepare to perform promises to be huge fun.”
Sarah Tyekiff, Head of Unscripted at Lime Pictures added, “We couldn’t be happier to be making this new format for Channel 4 and Stand Up To Cancer. Five famous faces are about to be thrust into the often harsh and unforgiving world of stand up. It’s going to be comedy gold. We cannot wait to see which of our celebrities will stand up to the challenge.”
Stand Up and Deliver will air as part of Stand Up To Cancer 2020.
For more information please contact Kate Conway, email@example.com 020 7306 3751
About Stand Up To Cancer (UK)
- Stand Up To Cancer is a joint national fundraising campaign from Cancer Research UK and Channel 4 that brings the UK together to speed up progress in life-saving cancer research
- Launched in the UK in 2012, Stand Up To Cancer funds translational research, turning academic breakthroughs in the labs into new treatments that make a real difference for people with cancer
- More than £62 million has been raised in the UK to date, funding 52 clinical trials and projects involving 11,000 cancer patients across the country
- Research projects include the development of pioneering technology to detect super low levels of cancerous DNA in blood to improve the way we diagnose ovarian cancer, developing a new immunotherapy drug to boost the power of the immune system against cancer, exploring an entirely new approach to treating bowel cancer, and much more
- Stars such as Naomi Campbell, Noel Gallagher, Tom Hardy, Gillian Anderson, Idris Elba, Andy Murray, James Corden, Martin Freeman, Jamie Oliver, Richard Ayoade, Chiwetel Ejiofor, Peter Crouch, Abbey Clancy, Danny Dyer, Liam Payne, Louis Tomlinson, Lily James, Rosamund Pike, Sophie Turner, Stephen Graham, Toby Jones, Maya Jama, Joe Lycett and Roman Kemp are just some of the talent who have supported Stand Up To Cancer
- To find out more about fundraising activities visit channel4.co.uk/SU2C or follow us on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram