The Bafta award winning Gogglebox returns once again with a celebrity special for the fifth time. One Direction’s Liam Payne will be sharing the Gogglebox sofa with his friend and fellow bandmate Louis Tomlinson as part of Channel 4 and Cancer Research’s Stand Up To Cancer campaign on Friday 26th October.
This very special edition of the TV review programme will see the famous faces as they gawp and gossip at the week’s TV. Between their own cutting remarks, tears and laughter will be the views of Britain’s favourite opinionated viewers; the genuine Gogglebox households including Giles and Mary, best friends Jenny and Lee and the Siddiquis.
Also appearing on Celebrity Gogglebox with Liam and Louis will be EastEnders actor Danny Dyer and his daughter, Love Island winner Dani, Tottenham Hotspur and England footballers Dele Alli and Eric Dier and Stoke City footballer Peter Crouch, his TV presenter and model wife Abbey Clancy and her dad Geoff.
Louis Tomlinson said, “At a time when this awful disease affects more of us than ever before, we have to pull together to make a difference. I’m delighted to join Liam as Stand Up To Cancer Goggleboxers this year, and hope we can help raise as much money and awareness as possible for the campaign.”
Liam Payne added, “Louis and I are honoured to be a part of this year’s Stand Up To Cancer campaign. We hope we can help raise much needed funds for such an incredible cause.”
In recent years the shows has seen some unlikely celebrities share a sofa - all in the name of charity; from Naomi Campbell and Noel Gallagher to Jamie Dornan and Nick Frost, Ed Sheeran, Liam Gallagher, Jeremy Corbyn and Boy George to pop stars Olly Murs and Niall Horan and comedian Miranda Hart and her real life mother, Diana.
Launched in the UK in 2012, the joint national fundraising campaign from Cancer Research UK and Channel 4 raises funds for translational research, accelerating new cancer treatments and tests to UK patients to save more lives, more quickly. More than £38 million has been raised in the UK to date, funding 35 trials and projects involving more than 8000 cancer patients, and supporting one international Dream Team.
STAND UP TO CANCER IS ON CHANNEL 4 ON FRIDAY 26TH OCTOBER FROM 7PM
About Stand Up To Cancer (UK)
- Stand Up To Cancer is a joint national fundraising campaign from Cancer Research UK and Channel 4
- The campaign returns this year with a variety of fundraising activities, a series of special programming on Channel 4 and will culminate in a fantastic night of TV on Channel 4 this autumn.
- Launched in the UK in 2012, Stand Up To Cancer funds game-changing research that accelerates new cancer treatments and tests to UK patients, and across the world, to ultimately save more lives
- More than £38 million has been raised in the UK to date, funding 35 trials and projects involving more than 8000 cancer patients, and supporting one international Dream Team
- Research projects include the development of the ‘chemo-package’ to deliver treatment at the best time for the patient; investigations into whether exercise can prevent cancer from returning; using MRI to turn radiotherapy into a more precise, personalised and powerful anti-cancer weapon, and much, much more!
- Stars such as Naomi Campbell, Noel Gallagher, Tom Hardy, Gillian Anderson, Idris Elba, Andy Murray, Bradley Cooper, Martin Freeman, Jamie Oliver, Kathy Burke, Miranda Hart, Paul O’Grady, Richard Ayoade, Chiwetel Ejiofor, Jack O’Connell, Lily James, Rosamund Pike, Sophie Turner, Stephen Graham, Toby Jones and Will Poulter are just some of the talent who have supported Stand Up To Cancer
To find out more about fundraising activities visit Standuptocancer.org.uk (opens in a new window) or channel4.com/SU2C (opens in a new window) or follow us on Facebook (opens in a new window), Twitter(opens in a new window) or Instagram (opens in a new window)