The Great British Bake Off will get the celebrity treatment once more as stars from across the worlds of acting, comedy, entertainment and sport come together to do their bit in the fight against cancer. Competing against each other in The Great Celebrity Bake Off for Stand Up To Cancer they will be showing off their baking prowess – or lack of – in a bid to be awarded the coveted Star Baker apron.
The five-part series will air on Channel 4 in 2020 and the famous faces lining up in the equally famous tent are Oscar winning actor Richard Dreyfuss, documentary maker Louis Theroux, British tennis number one Johanna Konta, TV presenter Carol Vorderman, Queer Eye’s resident fashionista Tan France, singer songwriter James Blunt, actress and TV presenter Caroline Quentin, presenter Alex Jones, TV judge Rob Rinder, TV personality Scarlett Moffatt, comedian Mo Gilligan, radio and TV presenter Kelly Brook, This Morning’s Alison Hammond, Love Island favourite and sports personality Ovie Soko, former EastEnders actress and DJ Patsy Palmer, YouTuber and West End star Joe Sugg, comedian Joel Dommett, actor James Buckley, comedian Russell Howard and comedian and author Jenny Eclair.
Each episode will see four celebrities battle it out over three rounds – the Signature, the Technical and the Showstopper – in a bid to be crowned Star Baker. Prue Leith and Paul Hollywood will be ever present to meticulously judge each bake, be they delicious delights or devastating disasters and Bake Off hosts Noel Fielding and Sandi Toksvig will be on hand to provide tea and sympathy for the celebrity bakers as they go head to head in the pressure-filled tent.
Since its launch in the UK in 2012, the RTS award-winning and BAFTA nominated Stand Up To Cancer, the joint national fundraising campaign from Cancer Research UK and Channel 4, has raised over £62 million to date funding 52 clinical trials and projects involving 11,000 cancer patients across the country.
The Great Celebrity Bake Off for Stand Up To Cancer was commissioned by Sarah Lazenby, Head of Formats and Features at Channel 4. It is a Love Productions series and the Executive Producers are Richard McKerrow, Letty Kavanagh and Kieran Smith.
Sarah Lazenby, Head of Formats and Features at Channel 4 said, “The Great Celebrity Bake Off is a key ingredient in our Stand Up To Cancer recipe. We’ve seen the power of using comedy and entertainment to bring awareness and raise millions of pounds to fund pioneering cancer trials. We hope viewers will enjoy this year’s line-up of famous bakers, there’s never a dough moment as each bring something fresh and exciting to the tent.”
Kieran Smith, Executive Producer, Love Productions added,
“We are thrilled to be partnering up with SU2C once again and helping to raise crucial funds in the fight against cancer. On your marks, get set…. Donate.”
THE GREAT CELEBRITY BAKE OFF FOR STAND UP TO CANCER (5x60’) RETURNS TO CHANNEL 4 IN 2020
For further information:
Kate Conway/Dingile Kasote
0207 306 3751/0207 306 8106
How to get involved:
You can donate at channel4.com/su2c or sign up to fundraise at standuptocancer.org.uk
100% of your donation goes to Cancer Research UK in support of the Stand Up To Cancer campaign.
Notes to editors
About Stand Up To Cancer (UK)
- Stand Up To Cancer is a joint national fundraising campaign from Cancer Research UK and Channel 4 that brings the UK together to speed up progress in life-saving cancer research
- Launched in the UK in 2012, Stand Up To Cancer funds translational research, turning academic breakthroughs in the labs into new treatments that make a real difference for people with cancer
- More than £62 million has been raised in the UK to date, funding 52 clinical trials and projects involving 11,000 cancer patients across the country
- Research projects include the development of pioneering technology to detect super low levels of cancerous DNA in blood to improve the way we diagnose ovarian cancer, developing a new immunotherapy drug to boost the power of the immune system against cancer, exploring an entirely new approach to treating bowel cancer, and much more
- Stars such as Naomi Campbell, Noel Gallagher, Tom Hardy, Gillian Anderson, Idris Elba, Andy Murray, James Corden, Martin Freeman, Jamie Oliver, Richard Ayoade, Chiwetel Ejiofor, Peter Crouch, Abbey Clancy, Danny Dyer, Liam Payne, Louis Tomlinson, Lily James, Rosamund Pike, Sophie Turner, Stephen Graham, Toby Jones, Maya Jama, Joe Lycett and Roman Kemp are just some of the talent who have supported Stand Up To Cancer