Published on 10 Jul 2015 Sections , ,

Tunisia: new footage of gunman posted online

Footage of the gunman who killed 38 people in a terrorist attack in Tunisia has been posted online. It comes after the FCO advised all Britons in the country to return home.

(function(d, s, id) { var js, fjs = d.getElementsByTagName(s)[0]; if (d.getElementById(id)) return; js = d.createElement(s); js.id = id; js.src = “//connect.facebook.net/en_GB/sdk.js#xfbml=1&version=v2.3”; fjs.parentNode.insertBefore(js, fjs);}(document, ‘script’, ‘facebook-jssdk’));

New footage of the gunman who killed 38 people in Tunisia last month has been posted online. Yesterday the British government advised all British tourists in Tunisia to return home saying a “further terrorist attack is highly likely.”

Posted by Channel 4 News on Friday, 10 July 2015

The footage, posted on a Czech website, shows Seifeddine Rezgui walking along the empty shoreline. In it he can clearly be seen swinging a gun in his hand.

In comments on the Czech website, Drahomir, the man who uploaded the footage said: “The worst thing was that the people who were shot lived. I saw a lady and how she wanted to get up.”

The website says that Drahomir ran inside the hotel where he was staying in order to hide. He then took the video from a balcony, saying “I was terrified that he would get to our hotel.”

Yesterday the Foreign and Commonwealth Office advised all Britons in the country to return home from Tunisia warning that a “further terrorist attack is highly likely.”

It is thought that some 3,000 British tourists are in Tunisia at the moment, and the Foreign Office statement warned them: “You should be especially vigilant at this time and follow the advice of the Tunisian security authorities and your tour operator, if you have one.”

(function(d, s, id) { var js, fjs = d.getElementsByTagName(s)[0]; if (d.getElementById(id)) return; js = d.createElement(s); js.id = id; js.src = “//connect.facebook.net/en_GB/sdk.js#xfbml=1&version=v2.3”; fjs.parentNode.insertBefore(js, fjs);}(document, ‘script’, ‘facebook-jssdk’));

“You wouldn’t know anything had gone on – apart from there were armed guards when you went down to the sea.”British tourists have been flown home from Tunisia – and they’re not happy about it.

Posted by Channel 4 News on Friday, 10 July 2015

Some tour operators have already started flying tourists back to the UK.

A British tourist who spoke to Channel 4 News after flying back from Tunisia today said, “you wouldn’t know anything had gone on – apart from there were armed guards when you went down to the sea.” Another said, “I blame our government – they should have been in touch with the Tunisian government. It just wasn’t fair – they let us go.”

France says it is not advising against travel to Tunisia but that the situation is being continuously assessed. The German Foreign Ministry told Channel 4 News that its advice remained the same as it was on the 4th July when the Tunisian government declared a state of emergency. It said it warned citizens to be aware of attacks but that it was up to Germans to decide whether they wanted to travel or not.