7m
1 Oct 2018

Nadim Ednan-Laperouse on daughter’s allergy death: ‘We don’t want anyone else to die’

Presenter

It’s a heartbreaking story: a young teenager died after eating a sandwich containing sesame seeds, an ingredient to which she knew she had a severe allergy. But the sandwich had no label advising her of its full contents.

At the inquest into Natasha Ednan-Laperouse’s death, the coroner called on the government to strengthen labelling laws after finding that Pret a Manger, the shop where she’d bought the sandwich, had inadequate allergy warnings for customers.

We talk to Natasha’s parents, Nadim and Tanya.