30 Sep 2023

Fire chiefs warn people as e-scooters and e-bikes are setting on fire

Data Correspondent and Presenter

Fire chiefs in London have warned people not to charge their e-scooter or e-bike while they are asleep, and to only use the correct charger, after a man was left with life-changing burns when he tried to tackle an e-bike fire.

Across the country, authorities are becoming increasingly concerned about the dangers of these blazes in lithium batteries – which are particularly hard to put out.

Ciaran Jenkins has the details.