- By entering this prize draw (“Prize Draw”) you agree to be bound by the following rules (“Rules”).
- This Prize Draw is a collaboration between Cancer Research UK (of 2 Redman Place, London E20 1JQ) and Channel 4 Television (“Promoters”). Cancer Research UK is a registered charity in England and Wales (1089464), Scotland (SC041666), the Isle of Man (1103) and Jersey (247).
- The Prize Draw opens for entry at 10:00 UK time on 7th October 2022 and closes at 12:00 (midday) UK time on 1st December 2022 (“Entry Period”). Entries received outside the Entry Period will not be entered.
- The Prize Draw is open to UK residents aged 18 or over, except employees of the Promoters and their subsidiary companies, and any other third party directly connected with the Prize Draw, together with their immediate family members and/or personal partners.
- Entries must be made directly by the person entering the Prize Draw. Third party, bulk and/or automated applications shall not be accepted.
- The Promoters reserve the right to request evidence of eligibility, including the identity and age of any entrant, and may disqualify any entrant if the Promoter has reasonable grounds to believe the entrant is not eligible or has otherwise breached any of these Rules.
How to enter
- To enter the Prize Draw you must send a text message with the word HOLIDAY to 64044.
- Text messages will be charged at your standard network charge (based on your service provider rates).
- You can enter the Prize Draw using this SMS service from a UK mobile only. You cannot enter using this service from the Channel Islands, Isle of Man or other non-UK mobiles. If you enter using this service from a UK mobile when you are outside England, Scotland, Wales or Northern Ireland, you may incur additional network charges levied and retained by your network operator.
- You may enter the Prize Draw a maximum of four times. Each time, you will receive a free bounce back text message informing you that a voluntary donation of £10 to Cancer Research UK in support of the Stand Up To Cancer campaign will be taken automatically 60 minutes after the time the entry text was received, unless you reply with the word CANCEL before 60 minutes has passed. You will not be charged for this text message.
- The £10 donation will be taken from the mobile phone used to enter the Prize Draw and 100% of the donation will go to Cancer Research UK in support of the Stand Up To Cancer campaign.
- You do not need to donate in order for your Prize Draw entry to be valid. Anyone who replies CANCEL to the first bounce back message and thereby opts out of donating £10 in support of the Stand Up to Cancer campaign will still be entered into the Prize Draw subject to rule 13. If you decide to donate, this will show on your mobile bill as a charge of £10.00.
- If your keyword or short code are invalid, or your text message is received outside the times and dates specified for the Prize Draw you will not be donating to Cancer Research UK in support of the Stand Up To Cancer campaign nor will you have entered the Prize Draw. You will not receive a bounce-back message, but you may still be charged your standard network message charge.
- The Promoters do not accept responsibility for any damage or loss resulting from entry into the Prize Draw. The Promoters shall also not be liable for issues of any kind which may prevent, restrict or delay the sending or receipt of an entry, including (but not limited to) technical faults such as network or software failures. Late, damaged, illegible or corrupt entries, or those not complying with these Rules, will not be valid.
Prize description and prize rules
- There will be one winner. The prize is ‘TUI Travel E-gift Cards’ to the value of £5,000 (which may be made up of several gift cards of lower amounts). These can be used, separately or together, as full or part payment for travel products at any TUI travel shops (excluding the Republic of Ireland) or online at tui.co.uk and firstchoice.co.uk. The gift cards will be valid for two years, either from the Draw Date or a date close to the Draw Date. The exact expiry date will be as printed on the E-gift cards. Gift cards must be treated as cash, and the balance can’t be refunded if lost, stolen or destroyed. The gift cards cannot be used in the republic of Ireland or online at crystalski.co.uk. Further TUI gift card terms and conditions will apply. For these and more information on the gift cards visit tui.co.uk/giftcard.
- When contacted by the Promoters, the winner must provide the Promoters with a valid e-mail address for delivery of the E-gift Cards and these will then be emailed to the winner immediately.
- The winner is responsible for organising and paying for all associated arrangements and costs that are not specifically stated in these Rules. The winner is also personally responsible for any personal or incidental expenses and any VAT, national and/or local tax liabilities incurred in claiming or using any prize.
- Unless stated otherwise in the prize description, the prize is non-transferable, non-refundable and non-negotiable. No substitute prize or cash alternatives are available at the request of the winner. In the event of circumstances beyond the Promoters control, the Promoters reserve the right to substitute the prize for a similar prize of equal or greater value or, at their sole discretion, the cash value of the prize.
- The winner agrees that the prize is awarded on an “as is” basis and that the Promoters make no representations nor give any warranties of any nature in relation to the prize.
- The TUI Group is not a sponsor, nor involved in the administration, of this Prize Draw. The provision of the prize does not imply endorsement by the Promoters of the TUI Group nor any third party concerned in any way with the Prize Draw.
- The prize is taken at the winner’s and their guest’s (if applicable) own risk. In so far as permitted by law, the Promoters will not in any circumstances be responsible or liable to compensate the winner or their guests or accept any liability for loss, damage, personal injury or death occurring as a result of using and/or taking up (or failing to use and/or take up) any prize except where it is caused by the negligence of the Promoters or their employees. Each entrant acknowledges that receipt and use of the prize is also subject to the UK government’s COVID-19 guidelines from time to time.
- The winner of the Prize Draw will be the first valid entry selected at random by a random computer process from all valid entries received during the Entry Period. The draw will take place on Friday 2nd December 2022 (“Draw Date”).
- The winner will be contacted by phone by the Promoters on the Draw Date. If the winner cannot be contacted or fails to respond to communications within 7 days of notification their prize will be forfeited and the Promoters reserve the right to select another winner. Once contacted the winner will have three (3) months to provide all the necessary information in order for the prize to be fulfilled. Failure to provide this information may result in the prize being forfeited. The Promoters’ decision will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The winner will be required to provide certain information in order to assist the Promoters in arranging the prize as described in the prize description. Further details will be explained when the winner is notified.
- If you are a UK taxpayer, your donation may be eligible for Gift Aid. This means Cancer Research UK can claim an additional 25p in Gift Aid from the Government for every £1 you donate. Cancer Research UK may contact you by text on the mobile number you used to enter to give you the opportunity to add Gift Aid to your donation (if any). If you are sent a link to a page where you can submit your details then, as with any mobile browsing, you may incur charges from your network provider. If you are asked to text those details, then a standard network message charge (based on your service provider rates) will be incurred. You can access the Gift Aid form HERE
- If you would like to discuss your mobile payment, including refunds, please contact Cancer Research UK’s Supporter Services on 0300 123 1022 (Monday to Friday from 8am - 6pm (call charges apply) or email email@example.com.
- Please note that Cancer Research UK is only able to refund a donation in certain limited circumstances which are specified by charity law. For donations made via your mobile phone bill, examples might include donations taken in error or where the amount is incorrect. Therefore, if you are requesting a refund, Cancer Research UK will ask you for information to help us investigate your request and to check whether there is a legal ground to process your refund. Cancer Research UK will also need your bank details to be able to reimburse you (where applicable).
- The winner of the Prize Draw acknowledges that the Promoters may request their consent to participate in promotional activity and material relating to the Prize Draw. However, for the avoidance of doubt neither entry into the Prize Draw nor the likelihood of the entrant being the prize winner are conditional upon consent being given.
- The surname and county of the winner of the Prize Draw will be published at www.standuptocancer.org.uk/whats-happening/stand-up-to-cancer-prize-draw. If the winner objects to this information being made available, they should inform the Promoters upon winner notification. In such cases, the Promoters will not make the winner’s details available to members of the public but the winner acknowledges that the Promoters may still be required to share winner details with the Advertising Standards Authority or Ofcom (as applicable).
- The Promoters reserve the right to cancel or amend the Prize Draw or the Rules (including the eligibility requirements) at their sole discretion with or without prior notice: (i) in the event of any occurrence outside the Promoters reasonable control; (ii) to ensure the Prize Draw is run fairly; and (iii) to ensure compliance with applicable laws, regulations and guidance (and the Promoters will use reasonable endeavours to notify changes to entrants and potential entrants).
- The SMS service, randomised draw and donation service is provided by Fonix Mobile PLC, of 23 Heddon Street, London, W1B 4BQ.
- Your information (mobile phone number and amount of donation (if any)) will be collected by Fonix Mobile PLC on behalf of the Promoters and will only be used to process your donation, provide receipts, process any refunds as necessary. If you are a randomly selected as the winner, Fonix will share your information with the Promoters in order to let you know you have won and to administer the prize. Cancer Research UK and its subcontractors will use your personal data to administer donations made (including without limitation for the purposes of Gift Aid).
- These Rules shall be governed and construed in accordance with English law and entrants agree to irrevocably submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts in respect of any dispute arising out of or in connection with them.