4 Digital Group will introduce a national Podcast Service, providing an opportunity for niche services – catering for a diversity of passions, interests and communities – to reach their target audience throughout the UK.
Downloadable radio podcasts will include:
- Gaydar Radio: high-energy pop and dance targeting the gay, lesbian, bisexual and transgender community
- Financial Times: daily news and information tailored specifically to suit the needs of the business community
- Penguin: From timeless classics to the hottest bestsellers, free audio books are the core of this service
- New Musical Express: output from the NME, one of the most loved and respected sources of information about British music
- Club Asia: a range of programming to appeal to younger, second generation Asians
- IMG Media: sports programming that pays as much attention to the personalities and the stories behind the event as to the live event itself
- Prince’s Trust: using music to help in delivering its charitable purpose – to help change young lives in the UK by giving practical and financial support, and developing confidence and motivation skills
- Media Trust: stories from across the voluntary and community sector, including some of the new and inspiring ways that young people are making a difference
- Colourful: a mix of news, current affairs and journalism, short documentaries, drama and panel discussions targeting a cross-cultural community.