Walking the Nile
Thoughtful, inspiring and dramatic, recounting Lev's walk along the length of the Nile.
navigate carousel using arrow keys
Thoughtful, inspiring and dramatic book recounting Lev's walk along the length of the Nile. The dangers are very real, but so is the motivation for this ex-army officer.
Clips & Extras
S1-Ep4: Tense Environment
Lev and Turbo witness a tense situation during prayer
- Start playback of S1-Ep4: Tense Environment WARNING Scenes Which Some Viewers May Find Offensive
- Start playback of S1-Ep4: New Look
- Start playback of Finding Florence a New Home
- Start playback of S1-Ep2: Musical Language
- Start playback of S1-Ep2: Different Palettes WARNING Strong Language
- Start playback of S1-Ep1: Crocodile WARNING Strong Language
- Start playback of S1-Ep1: Lake Victoria Blessing
- Start playback of S1-Ep1: Suit Shopping
Walking with Purpose
Lev is using the coverage that his epic journey attracts to benefit charities that have particular significance for him. Please read about them and give them your support.
On 3 December 2013, Levison Wood took the first steps of his 4,250 mile expedition and so begin a unique exploration of the continent in the most ambitious and intimate way possible...
Cast and Crew
Walking the Nile synopsis
Explorer Levison Wood sets out on a nine-month walk along the length of the River Nile, visiting rainforests, deserts, cities and war zones, and encountering modern Africa, its people and its wildlifeEpisode Guide >
Next on TV
Lev faces his last 900 miles, through Egypt, where he treks through areas that are a stronghold for the Muslim Brotherhood opposition group, and enjoys the…
9pm Fri 30 Jan