This Old Thing: The Vintage Clothes ShowReturn to programme home page
Learn to Sew
This Old Thing: How to Replace a Zip
Replacing a zip isn't as hard as you think it is. Vintage expert Jax shows you how to do it in five easy steps.
A peek into Dawn's amazing vintage wardrobe and her outfits from the showView gallery: 'Dawn's Wardrobe' >
Order the Book
This Old Thing is an indispensable style handbook offering even more vintage hints, history and how-tos from the show
Learn to Sew
Jax gives her step-by-step guide on how to take out the waist of a skirt to make it bigger
Michael Hunt gives his practical advice for sewing sequins
Don't let anything go to waste; instead try Arianna's tips for leftover fabric
Jax from the Workshop Team has a step-by-step guide to taking in a garment so it fits you perfectly
Vintage newbie Kelly may have found that perfect dress for her anniversary
- S1-Ep6: LBD - Play.
- S1-Ep6: Seal the Suit - Play.
- S1-Ep5: The Wedding Dressmaker - Play.
- S1-Ep5: Bold and Brave - Play.
- S1-Ep4: Roomy Suit - Play.
- S1-Ep4: Mum Makover - Play.
- S1-Ep3: The Florence Dress - Play.
- S1-Ep3: Vintage Tips - Play.
- S1-Ep2: Rock Chick - Play.
- S1-Ep2: Meoww Piece - Play.
- S1-Ep1: Vintage Sceptic - Play.
- S1-Ep1: This Old Thing - Play.
William Banks-Blaney is one of the UK’s foremost vintage fashion experts, he travels the world finding high-end clothes from the…
Vintage-lover Dawn started her career after studying at Liverpool Institute for Performing Arts (LIPA) in Liverpool
Arianna is a bespoke wedding dress maker and milliner with an expertise in identifying the history of garments and upcycling
Charlotte is a make and mend seamstress who starting learning to sew from the age of four