Valentine's Chocolate Pots Recipe
- 250g butter
- 500g chocolate, broken into pieces
- 250g sugar
- 10 eggs, separated
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C/gas mark 4. Over a gentle flame heat a pan of water until just simmering. Place the butter and chocolate in a metal bowl and cover with cling film, then place on the pan and let the steam melt the chocolate. It's important not to stir the mixture or let any moisture get to the chocolate or it may seize and go grainy.
2. In an electric mixer beat the sugar and egg yolks until they are pale and fluffy. This will take about 10 minutes. Whilst on a slow speed pour in the melted chocolate and butter, and continue to beat until smooth and glossy.
3. In a clean bowl whisk the egg whites to stiff peaks - it's easier done in a mixer if you're not feeling hardcore. Using a metal spoon, gently fold the egg whites into the chocolate mixture. Add the whites in stages, this keep the mixture light and fluffy. Don't over mix or all the air will be lost.
4. Put a few raspberries into the bottom of 12 greased ramekins then spoon the mixture on top. Bake for 12 minutes until the top has slightly risen up. The centre will be really runny and delicious and perfect to serve with ice cream.
Recipe from The Fabulous Baker Brothers, Published by Headline