Pulled Pork Recipe
This smoky, sweet pulled pork is meltingly tender and perfect served on homemade pitta breads
- 1 large joint of pork, such as a hand of pork
For the marinade
- 2 tbsp honey
- 2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tsp smoked paprika
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 whole bulb of garlic, crushed by hand
- Plenty of fresh thyme
- Plenty of fresh rosemary
- 2 big pinches of salt
- 1 big pinch of pepper
- 330ml bottle American pale ale
- Homemade pittas, to serve
1. Put the pork into an oven tray. Start by scoring the pork along the skin as if making crackling.
2. Mix all the marinade ingredients together in a bowl then cover the pork in the marinade. Rub the sauce and the garlic into the scored slits in the meat and leave the to marinate overnight.
3. The next day preheat the oven to 240°C/gas mark 9. Put the pork into the oven for 20 minutes or until it gets a great colour. After 20 minutes take the meat out, cover it in tin foil and put it back into the oven at a cooler 140°C/gas mark 1 for 8 hours to slow roast. Eight hours later it should pull from the bone and be lovely and tender.
4. Cut the pittas open down one side and fill with pulled pork. Drizzle some of the marinade sauce over the top and serve with coleslaw.
Recipe from The Fabulous Baker Brothers, Published by Headline