Mackerel Pâté Recipe
Tom's smoked mackerel pâté is easy to make and is ready in minutes
- 200g smoked mackerel
- 50g crème fraiche
- ½ bunch flat leaf parsley, chopped
- Zest and juice of ½ lemon
1. Take your mackerel fillets and carefully peel the skin off. Using your nails pick out the bones running down the centre of the fillet.
2. Flake into small or large chunks, depending on whether you like smooth or coarse pate. I like a little texture so I leave mine quite large.
3. Add the remaining ingredients and gently fold through. Check for seasoning , and remember a little lemon goes a long way.
4. Serve as either a topping for toast or maybe in a jacket potato.
Recipe from The Fabulous Baker Brothers, Published by Headline