Baker Brothers Beans Recipe
Cheap and quick to make, and much more wholesome, you have no excuse not to try making your own homemade baked beans
- Good glug of olive oil
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 red chilli, finely chopped
- Handful of fresh rosemary, leaves only
- Handful of fresh thyme, leaves only
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 400g can chopped tomatoes
- 1 tbsp black treacle
- Water from rinsing the tomato tin
- Splash of sherry vinegar
- 2 x 400g cans butter beans, drained and rinsed
1. Heat the oil in a pan and add the onion, garlic and chilli. Stir and fry for a minute or so until soft and beginning to colour.
2. Season with salt and pepper and add the rosemary and thyme, then add the paprika. Mix then add the tomatoes, treacle and the water from rinsing the tomato tin. Then add the vinegar and the butter beans.
3. Let it all simmer for 10 minutes and it’ll be ready to serve on hot toast.
Recipe from The Fabulous Baker Brothers, Published by Headline