Juicy Lucy Burger Recipe
Cheese-stuffed burgers with a spicy roasted garlic sauce and brioche buns
- 800g minced rump steak
- 200g Monterey Jack cheese, grated
- 4 brioche burger buns, sliced
- Sliced tomatoes, lettuce and gherkins
For the donkey sauce
- 1 head of garlic, cut across centre and roasted for 20 minutes
- 200g mayonnaise
- 2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tsp Tabasco sauce
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- Chunky chips
1. Season the meat well with salt and pepper and divide into 8 x 100g balls, then press out into equal burgers.
2. Put 50g cheese in the centre of 4 of the patties, then put another burger on top and press all around the edges to seal.
3. Either fry, grill or griddle the burgers for about 10 minutes until cooked through. The cheese will be very hot and gooey, so leave to stand for a minute or so before eating.
4. To make the sauce, squeeze the cooked garlic into a bowl and mash until it forms a paste. Then mix in the mayonnaise, Worcestershire sauce, Tabasco and Dijon mustard.
5. Layer up the burger in the bun with tomatoes, lettuce and gherkins. Then top with a good dollop of sauce. Serve with chunky chips.