Roy and Thip's advice for the first year of marriage.
Roy wed his Thai girlfriend Thip in March 2009. Previously married and divorced, Roy met Thip through a friend. She had never been to the UK or Europe before she arrived in Yorkshire to live with him.
1. Don't listen to naysayers, believe in what you as a couple want to do. Don't be led by other people and be as a couple as one.
2. If you love somebody, it doesn't matter how far away they are, they're still with you in spirit, and if you are prepared to wait, they will be with you in person in the end.
3. Even if you are from different cultures and speak different languages, really listen to each other and make sure you have understood what the other one means.
4. Be prepared to make an effort to compromise and to accommodate each other. You can't be as you were when you were a single person.
5. If there are any cross words, make it right before you go to bed.