Terms and Conditions
2. You should read these Terms and Conditions carefully. By submitting your Content to Lime, you are agreeing to be legally bound by these Terms and Conditions. If you do not agree with any of these Terms and Conditions then you should not submit any Content to Lime.
3. You must be able to satisfy the following preliminary points to submitting any Content to Lime. You warrant and undertake that:-
(a) You are eighteen (18) years old or over (or you are under eighteen (18) years old with explicit consent from your parent/guardian to submit the Content and take part in the Campaign and you can provide evidence of consent from your parent/guardian on request); and
(b) If your Content includes:-
i. any personal and/or sensitive personal information about a third party (which could include without limitation a person’s full name, address or information about a person’s health, sexual history, religious or political views); and/or
ii. the image of any other person (for example a photograph or video of your friends or family)
(together “Third Party Contributor(s)”)
then you confirm that you have (or will have) consent from all Third Party Contributors to include their personal information and/or image in your Content for the Campaign
4. You warrant that you own all elements contained in your Content (including photograph(s) music and/or videos (if any)) and that you are fully entitled to grant to Lime the rights granted herein and that no further consents are necessary (or alternatively you have (or will obtain) any necessary further consents) to ensure that the Content does not breach the copyright or any other rights of any third party.
5. You may submit Content to Lime for the Campaign via any of the Hosting Platforms, however if you would like Lime to consider a video message for the Campaign, you must submit your video question via email to email@example.com or via WhatsApp to 07795654873. You will require an email account or a WhatsApp account to send video Content to Lime in this way and be aware that your usual charges for access to the internet will apply (for example, for access to Wifi or for a mobile data package). Lime also recommends that you read and fully understand the terms and conditions of your email provider or WhatsApp prior to submitting Content to Lime via these methods.
6. You warrant and undertake that your Content complies (or will comply) with all terms and conditions, rules and policies relevant to the platform from which you submit your Content to Lime (which may include without limitation Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, WhatsApp, YouTube etc.). For example, Twitter content must not be excessively graphic or contain material that could be deemed offensive and you cannot post another person’s private information, such as photographs or their street address without their consent.
7. For Content submitted to Lime via a public platform, for example, Twitter, Facebook or Instagram, you are reminded that your Content will be instantly available to view by the general public (subject to your privacy settings on your account) so you should carefully consider the information that you decide to include in your Content. Lime will moderate all content after it has been made available to the public via a public platform. We reserve the right to demand that you take down any unsuitable Content immediately and if necessary, we will instigate a takedown request directly with the relevant public platform for any unsuitable Content.
8. Your Content may be used by Lime, the Broadcaster or other relevant third parties (including without limitation any sponsors, partners, promoters and/or distributors) in any (i) publicity, promotional or other press activities and/or coverage relating to the Campaign; and (ii) in any television, video on demand or radio programming (and any associated press and promotional activity thereof) relating to the Campaign and/or to Lime and/or the Broadcaster.
9. You hereby grant to Lime (including its affiliates, licensees and assigns) all necessary rights and consents to enable Lime to copy, cut and edit the Content as it deems fit and to enable Lime (in its sole discretion) to make such use of the Content (and any modifications it makes to the Content) as may be required and to enable Lime to authorise other companies connected with the Campaign to use the same including without limitation the right to exploit, publicise and exhibit the Content in all media worldwide in perpetuity without any payment to you whatsoever. Further, you irrevocably and unconditionally waive all moral rights in and to the Content to which you may or may be at any time in the future be entitled.
10. You also agree that Lime shall be free to assign or license its rights in the Content without your prior consent and without any fee or residual being paid to you. You further agree that you shall not be entitled to injunct or restrain the transmission or use of the Content or of any media containing the Content.
11. You warrant and undertake that all information contained in the Content is honest, accurate and truthful and you confirm that you have not misled Lime or posted any Content that is misleading as to (i) your identity; or (ii) any information contained in your Content. You agree to keep Lime informed of any changes to your circumstances or to the information represented to us in your Content. If any of the information submitted to Lime is found to be false, Lime will be entitled in its sole discretion to exclude your Content from the Campaign.
12. You understand that (i) submitting any Content to Lime; (ii) receiving any correspondence from Lime; or (iii) participating in any other stage of the submission process, does not automatically mean that your Content will appear in the Campaign. Lime is under no obligation to produce the Campaign or to include your Content in the Campaign (even if your Content is selected for inclusion in the Campaign). Lime does not guarantee that it will contact all those that submit content. All decisions by Lime concerning selection of content for the Campaign are final and you agree not to challenge or appeal against those decisions.
13. Lime is not liable to refund any costs or expenses incurred by you in making Content for the Campaign including but not limited to the cost of internet access, any phone calls made and any other charges, fees and expenses that you may incur.
14. Lime has no obligation to return any materials submitted by you as part of the submission process (including without limitation the Content) whether or not your Content is selected for use by Lime.
15. From time to time the characters in the Programme are involved in storylines that tackle real life issues which you may relate to. If you have been affected by any such issues and you require any help, support or information, please click here to visit the Channel 4 Help and Support webpage, where you will find a full list of services that are available to you.
17. These Terms and Conditions shall be governed by the laws of England and Wales. Any dispute will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts.
18. These Terms and Conditions were last updated on 03 February 2017. Please note that we may update and amend these Terms and Conditions from time to time and any changes will be posted on the Hollyoaks website at www.channel4.com/hollyoaks. It is your responsibility to ensure you review these Terms and Conditions regularly to familiarise yourself with any changes.
In submitting your Content to Lime, you are confirming that you have read, understood and accept the information contained in these Terms and Conditions. If you do not agree with any part of these Terms and Conditions then you should not submit Content to Lime.