Chicken and Vegetable Stir-Fry with Noodles Recipe
A midweek staple, this one makes a great family meal and should take no more than 30 minutes to prepare
- 375g egg noodles
- 2 carrots, peeled
- ½ red pepper
- ½ yellow pepper
- ½ green pepper
- 2 celery stalks
- 4 tbsp vegetable oil
- 3 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 garlic clove
- 200g bean sprouts
- 2 tbsp soya sauce
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut onto the diagonal into strip 1 cm (1/2 in) wide
- 3 tbsp oyster sauce
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds, toasted
1. Cook the noodles in a large pan of boiling water for 2-3 minutes until soft.
2. Whilst the noodles are boiling, slice 2 carrots, half of each red, yellow and green pepper into slices and 2 celery stalks, keeping them separate.
3. Once the noodles are cooked. Drain and return to the saucepan. Toss well in 1 tbsp vegetable oil and set aside. Cover with a tea towel to keep warm.
4. Heat a wok until very hot, then add 2 tbsp of vegetable oil and 2 tbsp sesame oil. Add 1 chopped garlic clove after 30 seconds. Toss in the sliced peppers and carrots and stir-fry for another 30 seconds, then add the sliced celery and 200g bean sprouts. Add a splash of soya sauce and then take out of the wok and set to one side.
5. Add another tablespoon vegetable and sesame oil to the pan. Add the chicken and stir-fry for 3 minutes or until it loses its colour. When the chicken is ready add the vegetables back to the wok with the noodles and toasted sesame seeds. Stir in the remaining soya sauce and the oyster sauce. Cook for 1 minute, stirring constantly and serve immediately.
© Gordon Ramsay
Gordon Ramsay's Fast Food; recipes from the F Word, published by Quadrille. Photography by Jill Mead.