Courgette and Seed Muffins Recipe
Eric proves healthy baking doesn't have to be dry and tasteless, with these delicious vegetable muffins
- 225g wholemeal flour
- 1½ tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp salt
- 200ml milk
- 2 eggs
- 4 tbsp vegetable oil
- 4 tbsp clear honey
- 150g courgette, trimmed and coarsely grated
- 75g mixed seeds such as pumkin, sesame, and sunflower
- 25g oats
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C/gas mark 4 and line a muffin tray with paper liners.
2. Combine the flour, baking powder, cinnamon and salt in a large bowl. In a separate bowl mix together the milk, eggs, vegetable oil, honey and grated courgette. Add the liquid ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix - be careful not to over-mix, you just need to make sure everything is incorporated.
3. Spoon the mixture into the cases, leaving a little space for the muffins to rise, and cover with the mixed seeds and oats. Bake for 25 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean.
4. Cool for 5 minutes in the tray then turn out onto a wire rack to cool completely.
Eric's tip: Try serving with a drizzle of honey and a spoonful of Greek yoghurt.