You may display on your website or social networking profile page ("Your Site") the Channel 4 Press and Publicity promotional programme clips and video interviews with Channel 4 talent (the "Content") available on this Press Website for which an embeddable computer code ("Embed Code") is provided subject to your acceptance of the terms and conditions set out below (the "Embed Terms").
By using the EMBED CODE, CHANNEL 4'S EMBEDDABLE PLAYER AND Content you agree to be bound by the Embed Terms. If you do not agree to these you are not permitted to use the embed code, EMBEDDABLE PLAYER OR Content. Channel 4 reserves the right to modify theSE embed terms at any time and any changes will be posted on the Press webSite. It is your responsibility to check these embed Terms each time you access the Press website.
THE embed code, EMBEDDABLE PLAYER AND CONTENT TOGETHER WITH THE PRESS WEBSITE ARE AND REMAIN THE PROPERTY OF CHANNEL 4 AND/OR ITS LICENSORS AND PROTECTED BY COPYRIGHT LAW. UNAUTHORISED use, COPYING, DOWNLOADING, POSTING, TRANSMITTING, sharing OR DUPLICATING OF the embed code, THE EMBEDDABLE PLAYER, the content or any other Channel 4 propriatary material IS PROHIBITED.
PLEASE NOTE THAT THE CONTENT IS ONLY INTENDED TO BE VIEWED BY END USERS LOCATED IN THE United Kingdom (including Northern Ireland), Channel Islands and Republic of Ireland (the "Territory") AND THEREFORE MAY BE GEO-BLOCKED BY CHANNEL 4 SO THAT VIEWERS OUTSIDE THE TERRITORY WILL NOT BE ABLE TO VIEW THE CONTENT.
1. Permission to use the Content: Channel 4 grants you permission (on a limited, revocable, non-exclusive, non-transferable personal and non-commercial basis) to use the Embed Code to display the Content by way of Channel 4's embeddable player on Your Site (except if it is an Excluded Site as defined below) for such period as the Content is made available by Channel 4 and provided you accompany the Content with the relevant programme transmission information and create a prominent link back to the homepage of the Channel 4 website (www.channel4.com ) on the pages of Your Site where the Content is displayed. Your permission to use the Embed Code and display the Content and Channel 4's embeddable player is subject to your continued full compliance with these Embed Terms.
You are not permitted to use the embed code, Channel 4's embeddable player or the Content in any other way. The PERMISSION granted in this Section 1 does not confer on you any proprietary rights in the embed code, channel 4's embeddable player or the content, all of which are reserved to Channel 4. This permission is personal to you and you may not deal with, transfer or sub-licence the permission granted under any circumstances, nor authorise or enable any third party to copy or redistribute the embed code, embeddable player or content.
Channel 4 has and retains sole editorial control over the Content at all times and it may change or restrict, suspend or terminate any or all Content or your access to the Content at any time at its sole discretion without liability to you.
2. Prohibited Uses
a) You are not permitted to share the Embed Code with any third parties (Embed Code must be obtained directly from the Press Website).
b) You are not permitted to include the Embed Code in and/or display the Content on an Excluded Site. An "Excluded Site" is a website or social networking page that: (i) is primarily targeted at users located outside the Territory; or (ii) that contains content which is defamatory, obscene or offensive, pornographic, sexually explicit, promotes hate (including but not limited to on grounds of race, religion, gender, disability, age or sexual orientation), gratuitous violence; or which condones or encourages unlawful acts or which is otherwise illegal.
c) The Content is for your personal non-commercial use only and must not be used in any commercial way. You may not charge visitors to Your Site any fee for accessing the Content, use the Content as means to secure advertising, or commercialise the Content or place any advertising or sponsorship on or around or in close proximity to the Content.
d) You shall not directly or indirectly suggest any endorsement or approval by Channel 4 of Your Site or any non-Channel 4 entity, product or content or any views expressed within Your Site.
e) You shall not: (i) add to, alter or adapt the Content in any way, including (but not in limitation) by way of adding extra overlay graphics or end cards or any kind of advertising; (ii) remove, change or obscure any copyright notices, trademarks or logo from any place where it appears in the Content; (iii) attempt to, or assist any other person to, circumvent or remove any security technology such as DRM or geo-blocking associated with the Content; or (iv) use the Embed Code and/or Content in any way that could bring Channel 4 into disrepute or otherwise cause any loss or damage to Channel 4.
f) Content may only be made available as streamed content via Channel 4's embeddable player (delivered display on Your Site by the Embed Code). You shall not record, make copies, reproduce, re-transmit, store or cache the Content.
3. Availability of Content: The Content will be made available for a limited time period to be determined by Channel 4 (programme clips will usually be available up to two weeks after the transmission of the relevant television programme or relevant series of programmes and interviews will usually be available for longer). After Channel 4 removes the Content the Content will no longer be available via the Embed Code. Please note that some Content may be geo-blocked so that end-users who are based outside the Territory will not be able to view the Content.
4. Your Warranties and indemnity: You warrant to Channel 4 that: a) Your Site is not an Excluded Website; b) you will only use the Embed Code, Channel 4's embeddable player and Content as permitted in these Embed Terms; and c) you will immediately comply with any notice from Channel 4 in respect of your use of the Content, including but not limited to removing the Content from Your Site.
Your permission to use the Embed Code to display Content on Your Site will automatically terminate if you breach these Embed Terms, where Channel 4 disables your access to the Content or on notice from Channel 4.
5. Disclaimer and Limitation of Liability: The Embed Code, Channel 4's embeddable player and Content is made available by Channel 4 on an "as is" and "as available" basis and Channel 4 gives no warranty of any kind in relation to the Embed Code, Channel 4's embeddable player or the Content and Channel 4 disclaims all implied and statutory warranties (including but not limited to implied warranties of satisfactory quality, fitness for a particular purpose, non-infringement, compatibility, security and accuracy) to the maximum extent permitted by law in respect of the Embed Code, the embeddable player and the Content. While Channel 4 has taken reasonable care to ensure that the Embed Code, its embeddable player and the Content do not contain errors, viruses or defects Channel 4 does not warrant or represent that this is the case and your use of the Embed Code, Channel 4's embeddable player and Content is at your own discretion and risk. You are advised to take all reasonable precautions to protect your computer from virus infection. Channel 4 will not be liable for any loss or damage which you may suffer as a result of or connected to your use of the Embed Code, its embeddable player or the Content. These exclusions do not apply to death or personal injury caused by Channel 4's negligence and only apply to the extent permitted by law.
6. Indemnity: You hereby agree to indemnify, hold harmless and defend Channel 4 and its subsidiaries, affiliates, officers, agents, employees, and suppliers from and against any and all claims, damages, losses, expenses, costs and liabilities (including legal fees) relating to or arising out of or as a result of any breach of these Embed Terms by you or otherwise in connection with any unauthorised use of Embed Code, of Channel 4's embeddable player, and/or the Content by you.
8. Contact Us: The Press website is owned and operated by Channel Four Television Corporation. If you need to contact Channel 4 please see www.channel4.com/help .
Dated: 16 March 2011