The Great Celebrity Bake Off for Stand Up To Cancer - bakers revealed!
The Great British Bake Off tent is welcoming some very special celebrity bakers for five new episodes of The Great Celebrity Bake Off for Stand Up To Cancer for Channel 4. In each episode four celebrities will battle it out over three rounds in a bid to be crowned Star Baker.
The celebrities facing the signature, technical and show-stopper challenges are:
Musical comedian Tim Minchin, actress, author and Host/Creator of the YouTube channel Hatching Change Teri Hatcher, TV presenter Stacey Solomon, Leader of the Scottish Conservative Party Ruth Davidson, comedian, writer and actress Roisin Conaty, singer songwriter Ricky Wilson, Diversity’s Perri Kiely, TV presenter Nick Hewer, broadcaster Melanie Sykes, actor Martin Kemp, comedian Lee Mack, double Paralympic gold medallist Kadeena Cox, comedian Joe Lycett, Made in Chelsea’s Jamie Laing, comedian Harry Hill, comedian, actor and presenter Griff Rhys Jones, singer Ella Eyre, journalist and presenter Bill Turnbull, comedian Alan Carr and comedian and actor Aisling Bea.
Prue and Paul will be judging the celebrities bakes, be they delicious delights or devastating disasters and Bake Off hosts Noel and Sandi will also be back to provide tea and sympathy for the celebrity bakers going head to head in the pressure-filled tent.
Stand Up To Cancer is a joint national fundraising campaign from Cancer Research UK and Channel 4. The Great Celebrity Bake Off for Stand Up To Cancer will air later this year.
About Stand Up To Cancer (UK)
- Stand Up To Cancer is a joint national fundraising campaign from Cancer Research UK and Channel 4
- The campaign returns this year with a variety of fundraising activities and a series of special programming on Channel 4. It will culminate in a fantastic Night of TV on Channel 4 this autumn.
- Launched in the UK in 2012, Stand Up To Cancer funds game-changing research that accelerates new cancer treatments and tests to UK patients, and across the world, to ultimately save more lives
- More than £38 million has been raised in the UK to date and over 40 trials and projects have been funded, that will involve more than 10,000 cancer patients
- Research projects include the development of the ‘chemo-package’ to deliver treatment at the best time for the patient; testing arsenic as a weapon to make cancer self-cannibalise; using viruses to seek and destroy cancer cells while boosting the immune system, and much, much more!
- Stars such as Naomi Campbell, Noel Gallagher, Nicole Scherzinger, Pharrell Williams, Tom Hardy, Gillian Anderson, Britney Spears, Idris Elba, Andy Murray, Bradley Cooper, Taylor Swift, Martin Freeman, Jamie Oliver, Kathy Burke, Miranda Hart, Paul O’Grady, Richard Ayoade, Chiwetel Ejiofor, Jack O’Connell, Lily James, Rosamund Pike, Sophie Turner, Stephen Graham, Toby Jones and Will Poulter are just some of the talent who have supported Stand Up To Cancer