LOVEFiLM, an Amazon company, has kicked-started 2013 with the announcement of a new content deal with Channel 4, giving its members streaming access to quality British entertainment from the broadcaster's 4 on Demand (4oD) archive service.
The deal bolsters LOVEFiLM's unique and exciting TV offering and will enable members to stream many of Channel 4's best-loved titles including the multi-award-winning Peep Show, Father Ted, The Inbetweeners and Friday Night Dinner starring Simon Bird.
The new content will be collated in a specially-branded 4oD collection that will expand over time to feature many more popular Channel 4 shows including seven series of Shameless and every episode of The IT Crowd.
TV fans will also be able to enjoy reliving memorable classics that have become synonymous with Channel 4 including BAFTA award-winning Drop the Dead Donkey, cult drama series Queer As Folk, and all four series of Teachers.
Jim Buckle, Managing Director at LOVEFiLM said:
"Our TV offering has gone from strength to strength and this deal will bring even more iconic British content to the service. We're proud to offer more diverse and exciting instant television programming to our members than any other subscription service."
Sarah Rose, Director of Commercial & Business Development at Channel 4 added: "We're very proud of our rich archive of shows on 4oD and we're delighted to find another platform for many of them on LOVEFiLM. Our growing mix of classic comedy, drama and documentary spanning 30 years of broadcasting, complements LOVEFiLM's already diverse range of great programmes and films."
Links to editors
Amazon's LOVEFiLM announces deal with Channel 4
Notes to editors
- LOVEFiLM is an Amazon company and is the leading European film and TV series subscription service with over 2 million members in the UK, Germany, Sweden, Denmark, and Norway
- LOVEFiLM has signed a number of film and TV content deals with major studios including Miramax, Twentieth Century Fox, NBC Universal, Sony Pictures, Warner Bros., Disney, ABC, BBC, STUDIOCANAL and eOne
- LOVEFiLM members can enjoy the benefits of DVDs and Blu-rays delivered straight to their door with LOVEFiLM By Post giving them access to more than 70,000 titles and the very latest new releases
- LOVEFiLM Instant is available on over 280 Internet-enabled devices including PCs, PlayStation®3, iPad®, Kindle Fire and Kindle Fire HD, Xbox 360, Nintendo Wii and Wii U, plus a growing number of Blu-Ray players and Internet-connected TVs including Sony, Samsung andLG
- LOVEFiLM is available for one low monthly price - with no late fees. Packages start from £4.99
- LOVEFiLM offers a range of video games rental options in the UK market to support gaming across Xbox 360, Xbox, PlayStation®3, PlayStation®2, Wii and DS
- For additional information including a breakdown of packages visit www.lovefilm.com
About Channel 4
- Channel 4 is a publicly-owned, commercially-funded, not-for-profit public service broadcaster and has a remit to be innovative, experimental and distinctive. Its public ownership and not-for-profit status ensure all profit generated by its commercial activity is directly reinvested back into the delivery of its public service remit. As a publisher-broadcaster, Channel 4 is also required to commission UK content from the independent production sector and currently works with around 400 creative companies across the UK every year. In addition to the main Channel 4 service, its portfolio includes: E4, More4, Film4, 4Music, 4seven, channel4.com, video-on-demand service 4oD and standalone digital projects.
- 4oD is currently available online at Channel4.com as well as YouView, Virgin Media, BT Vision, YouTube, iOS mobiles and tablets, PS3 and XBox. In 2013 it will also be available on Sky's on demand service, Android, Freesat's Free time and Samsung Connected TV.