100 GREATEST SPORTING MOMENTS - QUIZ
1. Which Sporting World-beater's first name is Eldrick?
Click here to see the answer
2. In the 1962 World Cup Quarter Final in Chile which England striker succeeded where
all his team-mates failed in catching a dog which had strayed onto the pitch?
3. How many runs did South Africa need to score from the last ball of their innings
in the 1992 World Cup match against England once the target had been recalculated
after a short rain delay?
4. Who was the last man to hold the mile record with a time of over four minutes?
5. How many different teams have won the F.A. Cup and who were the most recent addition
to the list by winning the Cup for the first time?
6. Which horse was second to Red Rum after being overhauled on the final run-in in the
epic Grand National finish of 1973?
7. In which sport do the British players ranked number 1 & 2 share a birthday and who are they?
8. What do Andrew Holmes, Martin Cross and James Cracknell have in common?
9. Which sporting brothers both retired from playing on April 28th 1973?
10. Which Irish boxer ended Chris Eubank's 34-fight unbeaten run in 1995?