Support Organisations - Stammering and Speech Issues

20 September 2018

The British Stammering Association- BSA
BSA offer support advice to anyone affected by a stammer, as well as parents, teachers, employers and professionals.
Helpline: 0208 880 6590 (lines open Thursday 2 – 5pm)

Action for Stammering Children
Specialist services for children and young people who stammer, including the Michael Palin Centre which is internationally recognised for the diagnosis and treatment of children who stammer.

NHS Choices
NHS information on stammering.

Royal College of Speech and Language Therapists
The professional body of and for speech and language therapists (SLTs) in the United Kingdom and Ireland`

Health Care & Professionals Council – HCPC
The regulatory body for health therapy professionals, including range of independent practitioners from art therapy to speech and language.

Association of Speech and Language Therapists in Independent Practice
Information for private speech and language therapists.

The McGuire Programme
Courses for anyone with a stammer or stutter. See website for fees.

The Starfish Project
Stammering control training courses in East Sussex, for adults and young people (aged 12 – 16 accompanied by a parent). See website for fees.