Education - Parents, Children, Young Adults, SEN

07 June 2018

Prince’s Trust
Helps young people aged 13 -30 develop key skills, confidence and motivation to move into work, education or training.
Information line: 0800 842842 (lines open Monday – Friday 9am- 5pm)

Gov.UK – exclusions
Information for parents regarding behaviour in schools and fixed period or permanent exclusions.

Gov. UK – special education needs
Information to parents for if a child requires special educational help.

ACE Education
ACE Education offer the latest advice about education issues for state funded education for children aged 5-16 years in England.
Advice: 0300 0115 142 (lines open Monday - Wednesday 10am - 1pm, Term time only)

SNAP Cymru
Information, advice and support on special educational needs or disabilities for parents, children and young people in Wales.
Advice line:0808 801 0608 (lines open Monday – Friday 9.30am – 4.30pm)

The Scottish Advice Service for parents of children who may require extra support at school.
Helpline: 0345 123 2303 (lines open Monday – Friday 9am – 4.30pm)

Autism – education
National Autistic Society provides information and advice for parents and teachers.

Words For Life
Words For Life provide tips on communicating with children of all ages from baby to teenager to help with reading skills.

Talking Point
Providing support advice to parents that want to help their child with communication skills.

The Dyslexia Association
Support and services for dyslexic children and adults of all ages, their parents, families , educators and employers.

British Dyslexia Association
Information for parents on supporting a child with dyslexia through the education system

Dyspraxia Foundation
Information on sources of support in your area, a range of leaflets and books on the condition.
Helpline: 01462 454 986 (lines open Monday – Friday 9am – 1pm)

Information on ADHD - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder

ADDISS – The National Attention Deficit Disorder Information & Support Service
Information for anyone who needs assistance on ADHD.

Living With ADHD
Information for parents of a child with ADHD. Separate section with information for teenagers.

Centre for Studies on Inclusive Education
Information and advice on educating children with special needs in mainstream education.

Help and support in setting up and running a PTA – Parent Teacher Association, including charity registration.