For 4oD programmes and video clips the video is viewed in flash, and therefore you will need to have Adobe Flash 10.2 or higher. Mac users will need Adobe Flash 10. You can download Flash at www.adobe.com. Some of our Flash video, (mainly short-form video clips across channel4.com and E4.com), is delivered using the Brightcove platform and video player, and you can see the systems requirements on their website: Brightcove
For you to enjoy the best possible user experience we recommend that you have the following:
- Latest version of Microsoft Windows or OSX.
- A broadband internet connection.
- We recommend use of the service with the following browsers: Internet Explorer 6.0 or higher, Firefox latest versions of 2.0 or 3.0, Safari - latest version. The site will work with other browsers, but the user experience may not be as satisfactory.
- Cookies enabled (Internet Explorer security settings set to medium).
4oD on iOS
- The 4oD on iOS app is only available with an internet connection; you can browse using 3G/4G or Wi-Fi connectivity, but video playback is only available on Wi-Fi.
- You need iOS 4.3 or above to use the 4oD application. You can check which operating system your iPad, iPhone or iPod Touch is currently using by going to Settings > General > About - and scrolling down to Version.
- Older generation devices are not supported – these include iPhone 3G and second generation iPod Touch devices.
4oD on Xbox
- You will need to have Xbox LIVE Gold membership.
- A broadband internet connection connected to the Xbox.
- You will need to download the 4oD app from the ‘Apps’ section of Xbox LIVE.
- HDMI 2 compatible TV
4oD on YouView
- YouView set top box.
- A broadband internet connection connected to the YouView Box with a minimum speed of 3MB.
- You must accept 4oD Terms and conditions to watch 4oD content
4oD on PS3
- You will need to have a Sony PSN account.
- A broadband internet connection connected to the PS3.
- To download the 4oD app to your PS3, make sure you are signed in and the PS3 is connected, and then select the TV icon on the XMB (Xross Media Bar) and opt for the 4oD icon.
- You can access the service on smartphones or tablets that are Flash 10.1 (or higher) enabled.
- Operating systems supported include: Android 2.2 or 2.3 (note, newer versions of Android, including Jellybean may not work), RIM QNX for BlackBerry PlayBook, HP webOS for HP TouchPad.
- To access the Mobile 4oD service from your smartphone or tablet, please go to m.channel4.com/4od from your device’s internet browser.
- Cookies enabled to support parental controls and resume playback.