A Chinese-style tasty rice stuffing in soft and sweet peppers
Preparation time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 30 minutes
1. Preheat the oven to 200°C/400°F/ Gas 6.
2. Place the peppers on a baking sheet and brush them on the inside and cut edges with the olive oil. Place the baking sheet in the oven and bake the peppers for 15 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, mix together the eggfried rice, sweetcorn, peas, coriander and seasoning.
4. Remove the peppers from the oven and spoon the rice mixture into the cavities, pressing the mixture down well and hollowing it slightly in the centre. Break an egg into each pepper and grind a little black pepper on top of each one.
5. Return the baking sheet with the peppers to the oven and bake for a further 12-15 minutes, or until the eggs have just set.
6. Remove the peppers from the oven and serve two halves per person, with soy sauce to drizzle over the rice. Accompany with creamy dressed leaves salad if you like.
The best chefs on TV and over 6,000 recipes