There is something fishy about this lasagne dish - it must be the smoked haddock.
1. Preheat oven to 180°c
2. Pasta dough - Blanch 50g of spinach in salted water. Liquidise with olive oil, eggs and seasoning. Add flour and bring together as a stiff dough. Knead on a floured surface until silky and smooth. Wrap in cling film and rest in fridge until needed.
3. Sauce - Bring milk to a simmer in one pan, meanwhile sauté all veg in a second pan with all the butter. When soft add salt, pepper and the flour.
4. Stir on a low heat for 5 minutes. Add the hot milk a quarter at a time, until fully incorporated and smooth. Add the haddock, stir for 2 minutes. Take off the heat, add the lemon juice, mustard and seasoning to taste.
5. Grease a 10" x 6" baking dish and roll the pasta dough into sheets. Line the dish with the pasta and add a ¼ of the sauce on top of it. Repeat this exercise until all the pasta dough and sauce is used.
6. Liberally sprinkle the grated parmesan over the top and bake at 180°c for 25 to 35 minutes (in a preheated oven), or until golden brown on top.
7. While it is baking, stir together the horseradish sauce, cream and chives.
8. To serve, put the portions of lasagne into the dishes, spoon the sauce around the edge and top with a poached egg.
Copyright © 2006 by The Village Bistro, Hoole, Chester
The best chefs on TV and over 6,000 recipes