Shanelle hoped to impress her diners with a brunch-friendly starter course on Come Dine With Me Grimsby
1. Heat a pan until hot and fry the bacon until golden and crisp. Remove and drain on kitchen paper until needed.
2. Preheat the oven to 180°C/gas mark 4. Blanch the asparagus in boiling water then plunge into iced water. Drain well then lay on a large sheet of foil and cover with the olive oil, Parmesan and a squeeze of lemon juice. Seal the foil around the asparagus and bake for 8 minutes.
3. To make the hollandaise, in a bowl beat the vinegar and egg yolks with 1 tbsp water. Set the bowl over a pan of just simmering water and whisk until foamy. Add the butter a little at a time, beating until incorporated. Season to taste.
4. To cook the eggs place a sheet of cling film in a small cup or ramekin and grease the inside. Crack an egg into the cup then twist the top of the cling film to seal and repeat with the remaining eggs. Lower into boiling water and boil for 3-4 minutes.
5. Unwrap the eggs and serve the asparagus topped with a poached egg, some hollandaise and the crispy bacon on top.
Please note this recipe is the contestant's own and has not been tested professionally. Like the Come Dine With Me contestants, you could be creating a culinary delight or dining disaster, so switch on your ovens and be bold.
The best chefs on TV and over 6,000 recipes