- Salmon cakes with sweet butter sauce recipe
Salmon cakes with sweet butter sauce recipe
Cathy got her deep-fryer out to create these fab fish cakes on Come Dine With Me Merseyside
- Juice 2 lemons
- 290ml chicken stock
- 150ml double cream
- 110g butter
- 3 large potatoes, diced
- 2 salmon fillets, skinned and de-boned
- 200ml white wine
- 4 shallots, finely chopped
- Bunch of flat leaf parsley, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh dill
- 3 tbsp plain flour
- 1 egg, beaten
- Handful of fresh breadcrumbs
- Oil, for deep-frying
- Bring the lemon juice and chicken stock to the boil and bubble rapidly until reduced by half. Add the cream and butter, whisk lightly then remove from the heat and set aside.
- Boil the potatoes until tender then drain and mash well.
- Place the salmon in a saucepan and cover with the wine and shallots. Bring to a very gentle simmer then cook for 2-3 minutes, or until the fish is just cooked through. Drain the liquid from the salmon and shallots and set aside to cool.
- Tip the salmon and shallots into a bowl with the potatoes, parsley and dill. Gently mix together then cover and chill until needed.
- When ready to cook, roll the mixture into balls and dust with flour, then egg, then breadcrumbs. Heat the oil in a deep heavy-based saucepan until sizzling hot, or until a cube of bread browns within a minute. Deep-fry the fishcakes for 2-3 minutes, or until golden. Gently reheat the sauce and serve with the fishcakes.
Please note this recipe is the contestant's own and has not been tested professionally. Like the Come Dine With Me contestants, you could be creating a culinary delight or dining disaster, so switch on your ovens and be bold.
More dinner party recipes
Well-to-do Cathy has a lot to live up to on Come Dine With Me Merseyside
Next episode: Monday 21 April 5.30PM on Channel 4
Last Broadcast: Friday 18 April 5.30PM
Watch now on 4oD
Browse the recipes from the show and save in your own online Scrapbook
Thursday 18 November 2010