Noorani Williamson got wheel-y busy in the kitchen making these fishy bites on Come Dine With Me Luton
1. Boil the potatoes in a large pan without peeling until tender. Drain and cool for a few minutes before removing the skins. Return the potatoes to the pan and mash until smooth. Transfer to a large bowl and leave to cool. Mix the ketchup and chilli sauce in a small bowl and set aside.
2. Heat the oil in a large frying pan and fry the onion, garlic, ginger and chillies for 3-4 minutes until softened, stirred. Add the black pepper and salt. Stir into the potatoes and mix well.
3. Flake the fish into the bowl with the potatoes. Add the lime juice, sugar and salt to taste, stirring well until thoroughly combined. Form the potato mixture into roughly 12 balls and flatten slightly. Dip into the egg and then the breadcrumbs until evenly coated.
Do not leave hot oil unattended. Do not allow oil to overheat.
4. Heat the oil in a deep fat fryer to 180°C and cook the fishcakes a few at a time until golden brown and hot throughout. Drain on kitchen paper.
5. Serve the fishcakes on a bed of rocket leaves garnished with slices of lime. Serve with the tomato chilli sauce.
Please note this recipe is the contestant's own and has not been tested professionally. Like the Come Dine With Me contestants, you could be creating a culinary delight or dining disaster, so switch on your ovens and be bold.
The best chefs on TV and over 6,000 recipes