Next episode: Monday 09 December 8.55AM on More4Last Broadcast: Saturday 17 November 5.55PM
Richard impresses his guests with his tantalising cracking pork with cider gravy on Come Dine With Me Down Under
1. Mix together all the ingredients for the stuffing in a large bowl. If the pork joint is rolled, undo the string and lay skin side down on a board. Season the meat with salt and pepper then spread over the stuffing. Roll the meat firmly and tie with string.
2. Place the joint on a rack over a roasting tin filled with 200ml water. Rub oil and salt over the skin then transfer to a cold oven and set the heat to 220°C/gas mark 8. Leave for 30 minutes then reduce the heat to 170°C/gas mark 3 and cook for a further 1½ hours.
3. Transfer the meat to a new tin, turn oven back up to 220°C/gas mark 8 and return the meat for a final 20 minutes.
4. Meanwhile place the original meat tray over a medium heat and pour in the cider and cider vinegar. Bubble for a minute or so, scraping the bottom of the pan, then add the stock and simmer for 20-30 minutes, or until reduced and thickened.
5. Rest the meat for at least 10 minutes before serving with the sauce poured over.
Please note this recipe is the contestant's own and has not been tested professionally. Like the Come Dine With Me contestants, you could be creating a culinary delight or dining disaster, so switch on your ovens and be bold.
The best chefs on TV and over 6,000 recipes