1. Sweat the onion in the oil in a medium frying pan over a moderate heat for 5 minutes or until soft and translucent and not browned.
2. Add the garlic and ginger for a further 2 minutes.
3. Spoon 2/3 of the onion mixture into a small blender and blitz with 3 tablespoons of water until a smooth paste is achieved.
4. Return the paste to the pan and add all of the spices. Continue to cook for a further 2 minutes until the spices become fragrant.
5. Add the yoghurt 1 tablespoon at a time, reserve 3 tablespoons for later use. Add 150ml of water and the milk and bring to a gentle simmer.
6. Tip in the diced turkey and continue to simmer for 10-15 minutes, stirring occasionally. NB: It is important that the mixture does not boil or it will split so keep it at a gentle simmer. While the turkey is cooking, cook the rice according to packet instructions.
7. Check that the turkey is cooked through before stirring in the reserved 3 tablespoons of yoghurt and garnish with toasted almonds and a coriander leaves to serve.
475 calories per serving
The best chefs on TV and over 6,000 recipes