This delicious pistachio and chocolate yule log will take their minds off Santa Claus' strange present choices. Although it's a no-sugar recipe this moist cake with dark and white chocolate could even sweeten his mother up at Christmas.
Serves 12 (portion size for diabetics)
Ready in 35 minutes, plus chilling
1. Preheat the oven to 160°C/fan140°C/gas 3. Grease and line a Swiss roll tin (about 21 x 31cm) with baking paper.
2. Whisk the treacle, oil, milk and egg in a large bowl. Sift in the flour, baking powder, cocoa and sweetener and beat well. Pour into the baking tin and spread to all corners to fill. Bake for 15-20 minutes until risen.
3. Lift the cake out with the paper and cool on a wire rack. While still warm, cover with baking paper and a damp cloth. Cool completely. Remove the damp cloth and turn the cake over onto the sheet of baking paper. Peel off the baking paper lining.
4. Whip the cream until it just holds its shape, then stir in the pistachio nuts. Spread the cream over the cake, leaving a 2.5cm gap along one long edge. Fold over the edge with no filling and, holding the baking paper carefully, roll up tightly - don't worry if it cracks. Discard the baking paper. Wrap in cling film and chill for 30 minutes.
5. Remove the cling film and arrange on a plate. Dust with icing sugar. Melt the chocolate in separate bowls over pans of simmering water and drizzle over the log to serve.
© delicious. magazine
The best chefs on TV and over 6,000 recipes