This full-flavoured chicken and chorizo paella recipe allows you to make one dish and freeze a second. You'll have a delicious dinner tucked away for a rainy day, with minimal extra effort.
Makes 2 meals, each serving 4
Ready in just under 1 hour
1. Heat 2 large, deep frying pans over a medium heat. When hot, divide the chorizo between the pans and cook, stirring occasionally, for 3-4 minutes, until turning golden and the oil has been released. Remove with a slotted spoon and set aside.
2. Divide the chicken between the pans and cook for 3-4 minutes, stirring, until golden. Remove with a slotted spoon and set aside.
3. Add 1 tablespoon olive oil to each pan, then divide the onions between them. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 6-8 minutes, until softened. Divide the garlic and paprika between each pan and cook for 1 minute. Divide the rice between them, stir to coat in the oil. Add 1 litre hot stock to each. Simmer for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
4. Return the chicken to the pans and divide the peppers, beans and tomatoes between the pans. Stir and cook for 5 minutes, adding a little more stock or hot water if necessary. Season and stir the chorizo and parsley into each pan. Divide 1 pan of the paella between 2 freezer-proof boxes, cool, label and freeze (see freezing tip).
5. Continue to cook the other paella for 5 minutes or until the rice is just tender and most of the liquid has evaporated. Serve with lemon wedges to squeeze over.
Tips: To freeze and reheat: Freeze half the paella in 2 freezer-proof boxes for up to 1 month. Thaw in the fridge for 24 hours or until completely thawed. Microwave in portions on high at 900W for 3-4 minutes, until piping hot.
© delicious. magazine
It has to be a Spanish wine here, and the best for the job is a sprightly, young, refreshing pink (rosado), served lightly chilled.
19.8g fat (6.1g saturated)
Contributed by delicious. magazine
The best chefs on TV and over 6,000 recipes